First Things First:
I am very happy and excited to be partaking in this challenge hosted by Austenprose-A Jane Austen Blog celebrating the bicentennial of Pride and Prejudice. As stated in the challenge blog post, I will detail here how I will go about participating. I will be taking on the challenge at the Disciple level which are 5-8 selections and will enumerate them here so that you might know what to expect to read about in subsequent posts on the subject.
My Reading and Viewing List:
1. I will begin by re-reading the novel that I have come to love so much by Miss Austen herself, Pride and Prejudice.
The edition: Jane Austen’s Novels Edited by Reginald Brimley Johnson in Ten Volumes
Pride and Prejudice, Volumes I & II, Third Edition, February 1893
2. Viewing: Pride and Prejudice BBC/A&E (1995)
3. Reading: The Darcys of Pemberly: The Continuing Story of Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice
by: Shannon Winslow, Micah D. Hansen and Sharon M. Johnson (2011)
4. Viewing: Pride and Prejudice BBC (1980)
I have never seen this version so it will be interesting to compare the one I know best to
5. Reading: Celebrating Pride and Prejudice: 200 Years of Jane Austen’s Masterpiece
by: Susannah Fullerton (2013)
6. Viewing: Pride and Prejudice Focus Features (2005)
Not my favorite but I will give it a second chance.
7. Reading: Mr. Darcy Takes a Wife: Pride and Prejudice Continues by Linda Berdoll (2004)
8. Viewing: Pride and Prejudice Excel Entertainment Group (2003)
So excited to start! If you want to participate don’t hesitate to go to the Austenprose blog for the rules and how to participate! Happy reading and viewing everyone!